We make voting easier through varied voter education programs.
The League of Women Voters conducts voter service and citizen education activities. It is a
nonpartisan nonprofit public policy educational organization, which:
- Builds citizen participation in the democratic process.
- Studies key community issues at all government levels in an unbiased manner.
- Enables people to seek positive solutions to public policy issues through education and
The League of Women Voters of Metropolitan Des Moines is a 501(c)3 organization. Donations
made to the Metro League are tax deductibe. Dues, however, are not tax deductible.
Voter Registration Activities
There are 3 types of voter registration activities for which we always need volunteers. If you
want to volunteer, please contact Christi Gerken by calling 402-740-0198 or emailing
clger453 [at] yahoo.com
|# of naturalization ceremonies||4||48|
|# of voter registrations||182||1509|
1. U.S. Courthouse Naturalization Ceremonies, 123 E. Walnut, Des Moines. Due to COVID 19,
LWV Metro Des Moines cannot participate in the ceremonies.
2. Neal Smith Federal Building Naturalization Ceremonies, 210 Walnut, Des Moines. Due to
COVID 19, LWV Metro Des Moines cannot participate in the ceremonies.
3. At other Events - The "Voter Mobile" will be travelling Des Moines on Saturdays from Aug 8
to Oct 17, 2020.
Voter Mobile Schedule – as of Friday, 9-18-20
9-19-20 - Saturday –Oakridge Neighborhood -1-3 PM - 1401 Center St., DsM 50309
9-20-20 – Sunday – Golden Land Food Market, 2740 Douglas, DsM, 50310 – 2-5 PM – no bus
9-22-20 –Tuesday-National Voter Registration Day–C-Fresh parking lot–801 Univ. Ave
9-26-20 – Saturday, Urban Dreams, 1-4 PM –601 Forest Ave., DsM 50314
9-29-20 – Tuesday, Beacon of Life, 1717 Woodland – 6 PM – no bus
10-3-20 –Saturday–Corinthian Baptist Church-10AMto1PM–814 School St.,DsM
10-7-20 – Wednesday – Trinity Las Americas – 4-6 PM – no bus
10-10-20 –Saturday–Christ ApostolicTemple-1230 East 17th St., Dsm 50316
10-17-20 –Saturday–Voter Rally for Black Women –Evelyn Davis Park–North Shelter